The Environmental Data Centre
The Environmental Data Centre (EDC) is the database management system of the EQMP. All the data from the EQMP network is transmitted, stored and displayed in the EDC. Data analysis, data presentation and visualisation of the data in relation to relevant spatial information represents elements of decision support capability. In addition, key operational parameters such as data transmission is also monitored at the EDC. Alerts arising from potential pollution events are also sent from the EDC for follow-action by PSTW personnel and the DoE.
The EDC comprises of the following infrastructure:
1) Server Farm
- Main storage of all environmental data.
- 3 server Rack with utilities (Power, Network, A/C)
- PDSA, MAMPU Aras – 2, Block B8, Komples JPM, Putrajaya Command Centre
2) Command Centre
- Located at Level 4, DOE Building, podium 3, Wisma Sumber Asli, No 25, Persiaran Perdana, Presint 4, 62574 Putrajaya
- Manned 24/7 throughout the year
- Designated users have various levels of access
3) Disaster Recovery Site
- Comprising specified hardware as well as other facilities for the purpose of storing redundancy software and environmental data
- Operational within 24hrs
- Located at PDSA, MAMPU, Bandar Enstek, Jalan Pemikir, Kompleks Pendidikan Nilai, 71760 Bandar Enstek, Negeri Sembilan